This is an ethic statement for the Jurnal Ilmiah Kanderang Tingang published by the Teaching and Education Faculty of Palangka Raya University (FKIP - UPR). This statement was adapted from the principles of the Publications Ethics Committee (COPE) and includes a code of ethics for editor in chief, editorial board members, reviewers and authors. This statement is based on:
Articles published in the Jurnal Ilmiah Kanderang Tingang are important building blocks in developing a coherent and respected network of knowledge about education and are a direct reflection of the quality of authors and institutions. It is therefore important to agree on standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: author, journal editor, peer reviewer, publisher and community. Editor of the Kanderang Tingang Scientific Journal is committed to ensuring that all procedures are directed only to facilitate objective and intellectual treatment. Furthermore, editors and reviewers evaluate the text regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, citizenship, or certain political and group interests.
Duties Of Authors
1. Have the responsibility to ensure that only new and original works are submitted.
2. Must not reproduce works previously published in other journals.
3. May not submit any article that is being reviewed or considered by a journal to another journal simultaneously.
4. Only permitted to publish his work elsewhere after receiving an official refusal from the journal or if his own request to withdraw his work was officially accepted by the journal.
5. Must inform the Editor in Chief or publisher of any inaccuracies in the data in his published work so that corrections or retractions of the article can be made.
6. Must make a significant and responsible contribution to any shortcomings in the work.
Duties Of Reviewers
1. Must express competing interests before agreeing to review submissions.
2. Can refuse to review any submission due to conflicts of interest or inadequate knowledge.
3. Review all shipments objectively, fairly and professionally.
4. Reveal the ethical errors encountered when reviewing the Editor in Chief for further action.
5. Must ensure the authenticity of the submission and be aware of any excessive plagiarism and publication.
6. Must not discuss post content without permission.
7. Comply with the time allotted for the review process. Requests for extension to review submissions are at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
Duties Of Editorial Board Members
1. Actively contribute to the development and goodness of the journal.
2. Acting as a journal ambassador.
3. Continue to support and promote journals.
4. Review the work assigned to him.
Duties Of Chief Editor
1. Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely based on intellectual abilities.
2. Ensure the confidentiality of the manuscript and do not disclose information about the manuscript to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
3. Have the responsibility to decide when and which articles will be published.
4. Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and writers on how to improve the image and visibility of the journal.
5. Give clear instructions to potential contributors to the submission process and what is expected of the author.
6. Make sure the right reviewers are selected / identified for the review process.